- The struggle for better documentation (for Ruby itself)
- Language as a tool of thought
- Towards the post-framework future
- When the whole world is your database
- The curious case of Wikipedia parsing
- The tale of query languages
The struggle for better documentation (for Ruby itself)
At NoRuKo’20 (slides)
Language as a tool of thought
About thinking in Ruby, and Ruby evolution.
At RubyConf Nashville’19 (slides)
Towards the post-framework future
About approaches to develop web applications without frameworks.
At WrocLove.rb 2019 (slides)
- Also presented at Grill.rb (Wroclaw) 2018 (slides)
When the whole world is your database
About reality, its reasons and implementation challenges.
At RubyConf India 2018 (slides);
- Also presented at: RubyConf Kenya 2017; meetups: RubyMeditation, Pivorak, Vilnius.rb
The curious case of Wikipedia parsing
About infoboxer and challenges of parsing wikipedia and hi-level information extraction.
At RubyKaigi 2017 (slides)
- Also presented at RubyConf Kenya 2017, RubyMeditation meetup
The tale of query languages
About requirements to query languages in data-rich world, and whether GraphQL suits all of those requirements:
- Ruby Rogues: Ruby Core Language Evolution: Moving towards functional with Victor Shepelev
- My Ruby Story: MRS 063: Victor Shepelev